Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hey Annas, and Kendra! :)

I am reading the blog!

I really like it, and the only reason I've waited to post this long is because I don't feel like I'm having all these very deep thoughts. But I've really enjoyed what you've written.

I guess what I was struck with in this last part is how much of a jealous God our God really is.
It made me stop and think about what parts of my own life I haven't been sacrificing to God. I haven't been pursuing lovers or idols, like Hosea's wife, but honestly, I realized I am pursuing other loves. Whether its my job, or what I'm doing with my money, what I'm doing with my time...God wants it all, and He's jealous of the parts I'm keeping from him. He hasn't stripped me naked, but I can understand what parts of my life He uses to humble me, and keep me desperate for Him.

What an interesting book, eh?

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Thank you, Rachel. I like your reflections...especially since my own were caught up in the violent imagery. You point out something I overlooked: God's desire is for us to turn to God. So, yes, God is "jealous," and uses strong words to get our attention!